Overdraft Coverage Options
Life happens! The Waggoner National Bank of Vernon understands that unexpected overdrafts occur from time to time – Overdraft Coverage can help.
THE CHOICE IS YOURS. CONSIDER THESE WAYS TO COVER OVERDRAFTS:
Link to Another Deposit Account you have at The Waggoner National Bank of Vernon1
$5.00 fee per transfer & $2.00 fee per month
Overdraft Protection services apply to all transactions and may help prevent overdrafts by automatically transferring funds to your checking account from another account you may have at The Waggoner National Bank of Vernon for a fee.
$27.50 Overdraft Fee per item
Overdraft Privilege allows you to overdraw your account up to the disclosed limit for a fee in order to pay a transaction.
1Call us at (940) 552-2511, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or come by a branch to sign up for this service. We would like to remind you not to send any non-public information by email. We will respond to your request as soon as possible, but contact the bank by phone if you require immediate assistance.
|TRANSACTIONS COVERED WITH OVERDRAFT PRIVILEGE||STANDARD COVERAGE (NO ACTION REQUIRED)||EXTENDED COVERAGE (YOUR CONSENT REQUIRED)*||If you would like to select Extended Coverage for future transactions:
|Checks||X||X||• call us at (940) 552-2511,|
|ACH - Automatic Debits||X||X||•complete the online consent form (CLICK HERE)|
|Recurring Debit Card Payments||X||X||• visit any branch,|
|Online Bill Pay Items||X||X||• complete a consent form and mail it to us at 1818 Texas Street, Vernon, TX 76384, or|
|Internet Banking Transfers||X||X||• e-mail us at email@example.com|
|Teller Window Transactions||X||X|
|Everyday Debit Card Transactions||X*|
* If you choose Extended Coverage, ATM withdrawals and everyday debit card transactions will be included with the transactions listed under Standard Coverage. If you already have Extended Overdraft Privilege coverage, it is not necessary to request it again. Business accounts automatically have Extended Coverage.
You can discontinue the Overdraft Privilege in its entirety by contacting us at (940) 552-2511 or sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW:
• A link to another account is a less expensive option than an overdraft. A single larger overdraft will result in just one fee, as opposed to multiple smaller overdrafts.
• Good account management is the best way to avoid overdrafts. Use our mobile banking, Internet banking, and telephone banking services to keep track of your balance.
• The $27.50 Overdraft Fee is the same fee amount that is charged if a check is returned as unpaid. If multiple items overdraw your account on the same day, each item will be assessed an appropriate Overdraft Fee or a Returned Item Fee of $27.50. All fees and charges will be included as part of the Overdraft Privilege limit amount. Your account may become overdrawn in excess of the Overdraft Privilege limit amount as a result of a fee.
• We generally post items in the following order: 1) Deposits, 2) debit card items in ascending order by dollar amount, 3) ACH items in ascending order by dollar amount, and 3) checks in ascending order by check number; however, exceptions will occur. Holds on funds (described below) and the order in which transactions are posted may impact the total amount of Overdraft Fees or Returned Item Fees assessed.
• Although under payment system rules, The Waggoner National Bank of Vernon may be obligated to pay some unauthorized debit card transactions, The Waggoner National Bank of Vernon will not authorize debit card or ATM transactions unless there are available funds (including Overdraft Coverage Options) to cover the transactions and any fee(s).
• Giving us your consent on your consumer account to pay every day debit card and ATM overdrafts may result in you incurring Overdraft Fees for transactions that we would otherwise be required to pay without assessing an Overdraft Fee. However, this would allow us to authorize transactions up to the amount of your Overdraft Privilege limit and may also help you avoid overdrafts in excess of your available funds that could result in restriction of your debit card.
• The Waggoner National Bank of Vernon authorizes and pays transactions using the available balance in your account. The available balance is comprised of the ledger balance (collected funds) less any debit card holds, and does not include any deposited funds on hold. The Waggoner National Bank of Vernon may place a hold on deposited funds in accordance with our Deposit Account Agreement and Disclosure. If the funds in the available balance are not sufficient to cover a transaction, any available overdraft protection or the amount of the Overdraft Privilege limit, may be used to authorize and pay a transaction.
• The Waggoner National Bank of Vernon will place a hold on your account for any authorized debit card transaction until the transaction settles (usually within two business days) or as permitted by payment system rules. In some cases, the hold may exceed the amount of the transaction. When the hold ends the funds will be added to the available balance in your account. If your account is overdrawn after the held funds are added to the available balance and the transaction is posted to the available balance, an Overdraft Fee may be assessed.
• Except as described in this letter, The Waggoner National Bank of Vernon will not pay items if your account does not contain available funds (including the Overdraft Privilege limit) to cover the item(s) and the amount of any fee(s).
• We may restrict your debit card use if you incur overdrafts in excess of the available funds in your account, including any Overdraft Privilege limit.
• Overdraft Privilege limits of up to $600 are available for eligible Personal Checking accounts opened at least 30 days in good standing and up to $750 for eligible Business Checking accounts opened at least 30 days in good standing.
• Overdraft Privilege is not a line of credit; it is a discretionary overdraft service that can be withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
• Overdraft Privilege may be discontinued if you default on any loan or other obligation to us, your account becomes subject to any legal or administrative order or levy, or if you fail to maintain your account in good standing by not bringing your account to a positive balance within thirty-two (32) days for a minimum of one business day.
• Depositor and each Authorized Signatory will continue to be liable, jointly and severally, for all overdraft and fee amounts, as described in the Deposit Account and Disclosure Agreement. The total (negative) balance, including all fees and charges, is due and payable upon demand.
If you have any questions about Overdraft Protection or Overdraft Privilege, please call us at (940) 552-2511 or visit a branch.